The Examiner's Mark Morton Reviews The New Moon Soundtrack

Honestly, I do not know how I was able to recover after the RobSten world was shaken to the core, when surge of outtakes from the Vanity Fair (including the kissy pic) flooded my senses. My friend, Gen, who tipped me, and I were jumping up and down with excitement! I could literally feel my heart pounding and I couldn't type to do the post. I have never been this excited since I started this blog. It was like when I saw the KOL concert pics. No explanations needed on that one.

After I saw those KOL photos I already decided I have got to start blogging about my love for Rob, Kristen and Twilight, hence the birth of RobStenation.

Anyways, since I am still getting a grip of things. Let me just share with you a very important deal. Mark Morton of
The Examiner.com sent the TwiUniverse, including this blog his analysis and review of the most awaited soundtrack of the year. Here goes;

"New Moon is less a compilation of potential hit singles and more a conceptual album, though comprising 15 artists, bound thematically by mood, atmosphere, and attentive delivery. Here is a track-by-track analysis of the entire album:

1. Death Cab for Cutie - Meet Me on the Equinox
Upon an initial listen, the vocal tone has a retro, late 60s/early 70s vibe, like a cross between The Animals, The Kinks, and The Doors. The song is a good, moody, driving ditty. It has a bit of a Your Vegas structure to it, as well, because it has a bit of an upbeat tempo, but the message in the song fits in with the morose tone of the movie. The music has some great contrasting elements, because it consistently shifts between a gentle sob and a mournful scream. It ends very poignantly and abruptly, as if to say, “That’s it. Deal with it.”

5. The Killers - A White Demon Love Song
There are several things going on in this song right from the opening - a tickling synthesizer, very light and breezy guitars, and vocal melody with a classic Beatles sound to it, like a cross between Sgt. Pepper’s and Magical Mystery Tour. However, the song lulls along almost drunkenly, but as the volume increases, it takes on a bit of a David Bowie persona. From there it becomes extremely dense in mood.

6. Anya Marina - Satellite Heart
Marina kicks in with an embittered-sounding acoustic guitar and near-whispering vocals. It is another song that invokes confusion and frustration. It is interesting to hear a largely acoustic song to take on this role. “Satellite Heart” is accented with synthesized orchestration – adding a touch of listenable contentment to the track. I see this as a follow-up or escalation of the Lykke Li track, enhancing the lost innocence persona, like she’s resolved to the fact that whatever has happened has happened and there is no going back. "

For the rest of his no-nonsense review click here. Thanks Mr. Morton

As you may have heard, a media statement was released earlier today stating that the New Moon soundtrack street date has been bumped up to this Friday, October 16. This means that for you folks playing the home game, Walmart should technically be selling it at midnight Thursday night. The queue starts to the left.