New Moon Soundtrack: OK Go! Talks New Moon


On the inspiration behind "Shooting The Moon" on the New Moon soundtrack:

"The song is about an astronaut involved in a conspiracy. I am not personally a doubter re: the US moon landing, but the story fascinates me. The story, that is, that would be, were the conspiracy theory true. One of the most iconic heros of all time would have to live with the guilt. He'd have to keep such a heavy, terrible secret: that this huge historical watershed was a cynical lie. As the basis of a song, it let me get at a feeling that I otherwise have a hard time describing, the feeling of dread and conviction at the same time. Of wanting to say it's going to be OK, when in fact it probably isn't. It's a feeling I have a lot. The hero knows the only way to make things better in the long run is to unleash this awful truth which is going to break everyone's heart."

On whether or not they created the song specifically for the New Moon soundtrack:

"It was recorded along with the songs on our new album, but it was a perfect fit for New Moon. Our record's already nearly an hour long, so we could afford it let this one go on to greener pastures. Which is no euphemism. The song is in such great company on this soundtrack that it's probably happier in its new home."

On the one OK Go song they'd play to "set the mood" for Bella and Edward:

"Hmm. I'm gonna give a few answers. Sorta depends on their mood. They're both earnest types, so perhaps the super-honest love song is the way to go. There's one on our new album called Last Leaf, in which I tell the woman I love that I will wait for her forever, which, sentiment-wise, seems pretty on-the-nose for B&E. But whether it'd get them feeling randy, I don't know. There's a dancier love song called "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe," and again, bingo, right? Or do vampires breathe? To me, the sexiest song on the record is this one that we've already released online called "Skyscrapers." But I have sorta different parameters for sexy than most folks; it's probably only advisable as an aphrodisiac for the slow-jam inclined." Celebuzz

The New Moon Soundtrack is a big deal for me, because I need to know if it would be at par to the Twilight Soundtrack. And the more I am intrigued with all the new bands that are now involved in this year's most anticipated sequel. Ok Go!'s Here It Goes Again made me remember how this band captured our hearts with their crazy video. I def can't wait for the release of the NM soundtrack, I am pretty sure it will not disappoint.