Rob and Taylor: French ONE Interview - Translation

Robert and Taylor were both were featured in French Magazine ONE. A NewMoonMovie.org reader has done a a very good translation of the interview. It's light and funny, I'm pretty sure you'll have fun reading it. Here are the excepts;

Taylor, you hated the wig that you had to wear in the first film. And yet, it’s still present in the second!

Taylor: Unfortunately I still had to wear the cursed wig in the first part of the film. Even so I have to admit that it is more realistic and makes my head itch less than the first one did. At the beginning of New Moon, we see Jacob as we’ve always known him, friendly, nice, and a little clumsy. But when Jacob transforms physically and truly becomes a werewolf, I finally wear short hair. I don’t believe that Jacob would have been able to seduce Bella with that horrible wig! [laughs]

Robert: I almost had to wear long hair in Twilight, too. During rehearsals, Catherine Hardwicke had the idea that Edward should have a very romantic look with long hair flying in the wind, you know the kind. So she had me get extensions. I sat still for eight hours while a hairstylist put extensions in place and I hated the final result. Fortunately, Catherine respected my opinion and I didn’t film like that.

Taylor, your physical transformation is spectacular. Was it difficult?

Taylor: It demanded a lot of work, but I saw it as a challenge, and as I rose to the challenge, I appreciated all these efforts. My main goal was not to deceive the fans and those who had confidence in me. And on top of that, I loved to play the werewolf.

Robert: You impressed all of us on the film set. Your physical transformation really had us glued. In a few weeks, you changed yourself into a mountain of muscles! I hate doing sports, and I never would have gotten there!

How do you put up with the constant attention from the paparazzi?

Taylor: I don’t believe that someone can ever really get used to it., because it isn’t normal to see people photograph your every little move. You just have to try to not pay attention to them. That said, I’m not as tracked as Rob…

Robert: It isn’t clear to me, I can’t sort it all out. I haven’t found a place in the world yet where I can disappear. Even in the most removed corners, someone always ends up asking me to take a photo with them. That makes me feel like I work non-stop. At least on set the level of security allows me some intimacy. It’s a relief. But I’ve found ways to cope/ways to have fun, like using a fake name at the hotels where I stay. In Paris, for example, I call myself Mr. Handjob, that makes me die laughing! [laughs]

For the full interview click at NewMoonMovie.Org