Rob: The Movie Fanatic 50 Hottest Young Actors

The Movie Fanatic(tMF) is preparing its latest ranking of the Top 50 Hottest Young Actors with a discussion of the top 10 actors from their last list.

Robert Pattinson (current rank: #5): In terms of an acting career, is Robert Pattinson amenable to being known as Edward Cullen forever? Is there anything wrong with that? Are there other roles more worthy then? Actually, it depends on one's perspective. Let me tell you my thoughts and then react to it, and tell me if I'm wrong:

•I love the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer and I have to say, she has created a completely new Vampire universe with characters memorable and endearing. Edward Cullen is, in my opinion, one of the series' most beloved characters and for good reasons. But did the movie actually translated this - allowed us Twilight readers to savor each moment and make us remember how we see Edward Cullen as we imagined him from the books? My answer is that the movie failed to do so, partly because of the script and the kind of fuzzy direction from Catherine Hardwicke. In New Moon, I am hoping that Rob could finally bring Edward above the surface...
•If I have to tell someone who wants to know - is Robert Pattinson a good actor? - I'll let him watch 'How To Be'. The thing is, moviegoers never got the chance to see it and decide for themselves. Even with 2 Best Actor trophies and acclaim for the film from various Festivals, it remains an undiscovered gem. How about Little Ashes? Well, that will require a complete and separate article...
•I'm really looking forward to 2 features: Remember Me and Bel Ami - these are two completely different movies, but will really give us the chance to actually judge Rob as an actor. Will he be great doing modern and contemporary roles or will he be more successful in portraying historical characters? Or will he be great (or even just good) at doing both?