Chris Weitz To Quit Filmmaking?

DigitalSpyChris Weitz has apparently said that he will make one more film before quitting the industry.

The New Moon director, who was Oscar-nominated for the adapted screenplay of About A Boy, revealed that he plans to spend his time travelling, reading and perfecting his hobbies.

"Every time I make a movie I'm pretty much convinced it's the last time I'm going to be able to do it and that really it's a rather silly occupation to undertake," the 40-year-old told MovieMaker, adding: "But I think I have maybe one more film in me."

Weitz explained that his final piece will be called The Gardener and will be a homage to 1948 Italian film The Bicycle Thief. "I feel that if I were to do this one film, I'd feel okay just sitting back and reading. I'd really like to read some books," he added.

"You know, it sounds ridiculous, but I'd really like to be a better surfer. I'd like to learn to speak Spanish fluently; I'd like to travel around, live in Italy; I'd like to learn kung fu... It's nice to make movies, but it's also really hard."

Weitz earlier stated that New Moon, which opens in US and UK cinemas on November 20, will be a real tearjerker.