Rob on Access Hollywood Interview


LA, Calif. Robert Pattinson doesn’t need to show his six-pack, the star joked with Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson at the “New Moon” junket in Los Angeles on Friday.

“I don’t walk around with my shirt off all the time!” he joked, poking fun at the often bare-chested “New Moon” wolf pack. “It’s like driving a fancy car – you’re insecure about something.”
Robert, who plays vampire hunk Edward, said he’s more worried about his famous hair.

“I’ve actually just got rid of my dandruff, which is great,” he laughed.

Jokes aside, Robert was serious when it came to “New Moon,” where he takes a secondary role to Taylor Lautner’s Jacob Black.

“It’s my favorite book,” he said, adding that the Stephenie Meyer novel influenced how he approached his performance in the rest of the “Twilight Saga” series as well. “I really connected to [it] really quickly.

“It think it’s an improvement [on ‘Twilight’],” he continued, noting that he was able to make some changes to Edward’s character, being out of the spotlight. “It was nice not being the lead.”

Less nice however, has been dealing with the tabloid rumors that seem to crop up every day, including one that linked Robert to a traffic accident.

“I may have just walked into a cab,” Robert explained. “That was so innocuous – there were no fans there. It was 4:30 in the morning.”

But it was another movie set rumor that scared his dear old mum.

“I had a heroin overdose in New York as well, that was an exciting one for my mother,” he said of another false report. “I’d been working so much, I didn’t answer the phone. I’m so ignorant. I don’t think it had set in that anyone read [the tabloids].”

And while he wouldn’t comment on the rumors swirling about the status of his relationship with co-star Kristen Stewart, Robert did answer an Access fan question about dating older women.

“I’m open to pretty much anything,” he said. source via RP Life