Rob: Undead Sexy - The Toronto Star Article



CANNES, France–There are no crystal decanters of blood for Robert Pattinson to sip from, or milky white virgin necks to nibble upon.

Pattinson’s treats, arrayed before him on a glass table shaped like a kneeling Greek goddess, aren’t your typical vampire fare: a bowl of potato chips, packages of green apple mint gum and a box of See’s chocolates imported from the U.S.

The world’s sexiest undead man eschews all the caloric temptations, apologizing as he nips off to another room for a few drags on a Camel Lights cigarette before commencing this interview.

“I’m sorry!” he says, pausing only to shake hands. “I’ll be right back!”

Pattinson returns a few minutes later, flashing a smile filled with extraordinarily white teeth. Despite the 28C heat on this sunny day at the Cannes Film Festival, he’s wearing two shirts (a short-sleeved one over a T-shirt) and cotton jeans with holes in the knees.

The London-born actor’s heavily moussed hair, as always, looks like it has been styled by the fingers of ravaging fans of the Twilight books and films that have made him into a teen scream sensation. For the full article click here

Interesting excerpts.

“It’s completely nuts,” Pattinson, 23, says of his sudden global acclaim. “I had lunch in some restaurant the other day down the street and if you’re in a place for more than an hour, word gets out. There were like 500 or 600 people outside, watching and waiting for me.”
His New Moon fighting scenes.
There is, however, a fight scene created for the movie in which Pattinson is not the least bit ghostly. We’re not talking about a lover’s spat here. It’s a battle to the finish with an outside threat.

“The fight scene was actually really fun. It’s the only fight scene I’ve ever done in which I actually look like I’m quite good at fighting in it! I’m quite happy with that.”
He finds his New Moon sexual tension-filled scenes erotic.
People are choosing to read into the series whatever they want, and that’s fine with Pattinson, although he personally finds the sexual tension very erotic – as do most fans.

“I think it’s hilarious that everyone, especially parents, are saying it’s about abstinence and they’re really pleased their kids are reading it. And yet so many people who are reading the books are thinking, `I want them to have sex! I want them to make me want to have sex!’
“And if you read any fan fiction, all of it is about Edward and Bella having sex in the same scenarios instead of stopping. It’s quite amusing.”
Fame.
“It’s just this fame thing,” he muses. “It’s just something you have to learn how to deal with. It’s strange. It’s definitely so new, I don’t really know how I’m going to react to it in the long run.

“I was fighting against it for quite a while, and just recently I realized there’s nothing you can do; you can’t just turn your back on it. Now I can pretty much go anywhere in the world and within minutes of being in a restaurant, tons of people come up to you. So you might as well just learn to have acceptance.”
Toronto Star viaThinking of Rob
Some interesting new stuff, he finds his New Moon scenes "erotic", I can't wait for him to react on his Eclipse and Breaking Dawn scenes. That would be a hoot! And he scans through Edward and Bella fan fic sites lol. I am pretty sure he came across some RobSten lemons, haha. Since we are on the topic, errr...Rob I have some few titles for you to browse through lol...