Rob's IF MAG Interview

PART 1 ROBERT PATTINSON FINDS HIMSELF SHINING IN THE 'NEW MOON'

Robert Pattinson’s second foray into the role of Edward in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON put him in a good position as an actor.

He’s became much more comfortable with the role and those cast members he was working with as the first experience on TWILIGHT, he says. But that comfort level comes with a modicum of stilling fighting for things he wants from the role.

“You’re still fighting against some things [in the script],” Pattinson says. “The franchise itself, there's nothing really scary about it. I like the people that I work with. I generally have very few disagreements about the script or about anything when we're doing it, especially on NEW MOON. It just seemed so relaxed and easy.

“Just playing a scene where you're breaking up the ideal relationship, I mean you feel or I felt a lot of the weight behind that,” Pattinson says. “Also, it took away your fear of melodrama as well because it felt seismic. Even when we were doing it, it was very much like the stepping out into the sunlight scene at the end. You could really feel the audience watching as you're doing it.”
The rest of Part 1 here

PART 2 ROBERT PATTINSON ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE 'NEW MOON'
While Pattinson isn’t a skilled romantic, he can play one on the big screen rather well.

“I keep being told by people that I need to pump up all the stuff about the action and all this stuff for the guys to go and see it,” Pattinson says. “It's ridiculous. It's like saying guys can't appreciate romance. I don't think that you can say that about GONE WITH THE WIND or something. I've watched TITANIC and I didn't think, ‘Oh, this is a girl's film.’ Unless you're a complete idiot of a guy, I don't really think … and especially in NEW MOON and in the whole series I've never played it as if I'm playing a series of girl's films, doing something just for girls. I don't feel like I'm doing TIGER BEAT every week, a kind of animated TIGER BEAT. I like doing the romantic scenes. I felt like the storyline in NEW MOON is very heartbreaking and true. I didn't think that I was doing something just for the sake of romance. In a lot of ways it's a really sad story.”

“I think it's such a risky thing doing interviews,” he says. “I try to limit the amount of interviews that I do because no one is that interesting especially when you're not really saying anything. And I don't particularly want to be a character in society or whatever. So I guess the only thing that you can do is do jobs and see if people respond to that. I'm always holding onto the fact that I don't really know who I am. Hopefully I won't compartmentalize myself because of that, because I'm completely ignorant of the whole. I've never really struggled with anything up until recently. I've got to stop being so self deprecating because people are starting to believe it. ‘That guy is an idiot.’ So I've I tried to stop doing that.”

Some other things you may or may not know about Pattinson:
· Has he ever had his heartbroken like Edward when he left Bella? “No.”
· Who is his favorite vampire of all time? “I always think of like Ethan Hawke in INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE. But then he's not a vampire. He's the interviewer.”
· Any other favorites? “I like Gary Oldman. There's actually a bunch. I really like Wesley Snipes. I think that Wesley Snipes is great.”
For the rest of Part 2 here

via pattinsononline

The interviewer in "The Interview With A Vampire" is Christian Slater, not Ethan Hawke. I don't know if this was Rob's mistake or... he was misquoted.