RobSten Flashback: Part 1

Ok, I am going to start this. I am too scared to do this, because I know I will def fail. Well, nobody really knows the exact details of how Rob and Kristen got together, right? Anyway, this is just an attempt to trace back and make a timeline for R/K.

The audition was said to be on going for the better part of 2007 but Rob only had the guts to show up in LA for his audition in December of that year. He was armed with the script six months earlier, but as we all know - he felt he cannot do Edward justice, so he delayed auditioning. In the Twilight commentary, he confessed he made an audition video with a buddy playing a "wigged" Bella. Good thing he did not send that or else, we won't see New Moon because, Twi would've definitely tanked in the Box Office - LOL! I cringe at the thought alone that somebody else would play Edward Cullen. Only Robert Thomas Pattinson was born to play that part. The audition was partly done in Catherine's bedroom and you know the rest...

Photobucket
Here are Rob and Kristen's early interviews regarding the auditions.
Did you go into the auditions wanting to play Edward?
ROB:
Somewhat, but I was literally embarrassed walking into the audition. I had no idea how to play Edward at all. I thought that even going into the audition was completely pointless, because they were just going to cast a model or something. I felt it was kind of arrogant of me to even go in. I was almost having a full-on panic attack before I went to the screen test.

How did the screen test go?
ROB: Casting was really easygoing, and Kristen [Stewart] is also very cool, but at the same time there is something very, very serious about her. I really wasn’t expecting the girl who plays Bella to be like her at all. Her professionalism made me keep my mouth shut whenever I wasn’t acting. It further gave the illusion of being serious. vanityfair
Edward, played by Robert Pattinson, and Bella share a very intense love in this film. How was it working with Robert?
Kristen: Well, I basically cast him. We did one day of auditions and a bunch of guys came in. Catherine Hardwicke, the director, afterwards was like, "What do you think? This is such a hard choice." I was like, "Are you kidding me!? It's such an obvious choice!" It couldn't have been better. It was sort of perfect.vanityfair
January- Mid March - Pre-prod. The two bonded over Brando's Last Tango in Paris, their love for books and music, of course. They would spend endless hours in Kristen's place going over the script and their characters.


Rob and Kristen are now Edward and Bella.
Photobucket

Principal filming; March -May 2008. And the RobSten bubble began... Can you find them in these behind-the-scene photos? They bonded over Bella and Edward, the greatest love story characters in history, in my opinion. Well, what do I know? Romeo and Juliet just seem to fail in comparison.

Photobucket

Pics here are from rehearsals, down time, filming,etc. You cannot deny their chemistry.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

More RobSten bubble, def behind the scenes.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And in the midst of filming -April 9, 2008. She celebrated her 18th birthday with her "Welcome to Nights" cake with Rob, of course. His gift, a pricey guitar.
Photobucket Photobucket
By the time Twilight filming ended - both acquired a new "buddy". And that is the first part. I hope I will be inspired again to do the rest. I dedicate this to all my girls, who are just super awesome! Lurves you all!
Photos from Everglow Thanks.

UPDATED!  HERE ARE PART2 and PART3