Rob is Nova Magazine - Slovenia


Translation
The favourite vampire

It happened on Croisette, but it's an everyday scene for him. He was entering a nightclub on Cote d'Azur and the mass hysteria in front of it reached a peak 15 minutes ago. Pattinson didn't know what to do, smile or worry about the extent of his popularity after the stellar success of the second of the Twilight saga movies. What was it that obsessed the mostly teenage girls? The rebellious style of a 23 years old actor? His dangerous radiant masculinity,despite his relatively young age? His angel face or the deadly combination of them all? Pattinson is aware of his popularity, how could he not be.

After his romance with costar Kristen Stewart ended, he started to run from the media world. He gave one of his last interviews in November of last year, it was necessary for the promotion of the movie.
"My life changed radically after the success of the movie and it became bizarre," said Pattinson, casually stretched in an armchair. "I can't understand the screaming. I can't understand why the restaurant where I dined only once during the making of New Moon in Vancouver suddenly the most sought after place to dine in otherwise idyllic city. I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my family there and I couldn't get a table. Think about it, only a couple of weeks later and every table was booked weeks in advance."

To avoid the attention, Pattinson started to eat in less established, even cheap places..
"No one can imagine what the diners I visit lately look like," he smiled. "And no, I don't have a private life anymore. There is no chance for me to exit the hotel unnoticed and take a walk without being under siege. I have to plan in advance every step with complicated logistics. I don't have any time off. It's hard to believe, but lately I'm relaxed only during the making of the movie, because we are shooting in remote areas. I haven't left my hotel in months. Pretty stupid, right?"
Locked in his hotel room, Pattinson plays guitar, watches movies or reads. Whenever is possible and he's at home, he visits childhood friends and spends the evening in their company.
"My life is boring because I want to live it that way," he said thoughtfully.
"It' s not that rare for me to stay at home and the next day I read in newspapers where I have been. Unbelievable, but true. My Mum is an obsessive gossip magazines reader and she often googles me and she is upset if something is not written according to the facts. Ha Ha ha."

5*
*The score for Twilight was written by his friends.
*He doesn't want to talk about Kristen Stewart.
*He admits he has problems differentiating love scenes in a movie and his private life.
*His aunt had a great sense of humour and she lived to be 96 years old.
* Once he received 20 pages of horoscope via mail.

Thanks to Darja for the scan and translation via ROBsessed

Don't worry about the Kristen Stewart part and don't blame the translator either. Mag editors can twist and make an article controversial to sell more. Oh you know the truth anyway...