Kristen Not Worried About Parents Over Movie Roles


Kristen Stewart says she's learned not to worry about what her parents will think when she's playing more grown up roles.

"I was more nervous about it when I was younger," the actress told reporters at a special press day for The Runaways, the film based on the 1970s all-girl teenage rock band of the same name.

According to About.com, when it comes to playing wild rocker Joan Jett in the film, the Twilight star has admitted her parents have had to learn to accept what they see on screen.

"It was like a slow wearing down of like, 'Okay, Kristen's going to do what she's going to do. She's just going to do these movies'," she said.

"Not that they were against it ... I sort of didn't care any more. I was like, 'Are you guys cool with this?'" she explained.

The actress also admitted she was incredibly nervous about meeting the real-life rocker.

"I met Joan after I got the part and it was so scary because it sort of felt like this is the meeting that either fires me or keeps me on," she laughed. "My hair was still long. I was about to do New Moon. I sort of felt like she was going to look at me and go, 'What makes you think...?'"

source/kstewartfans