Hotter Than Potter- Dutch Mag Translation

Please find the HQ scans at robertpattinsonnews.
I have seen this interview a couple of times and this one is the best translation by far. I think the mag and the person who did the translation captured Rob's answers perfectly, without it being "twisted" or appearing contrived. This is why I'm posting this. Btw, these are just excerpts, the other parts were too old.


However, Rob's big breakthrough came when he was cast as the vampire
Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga.
"I was actually afraid to end up in another teenage movie, but then I met Kristen Stewart at the audition, the actress on whom I had a bit of a crush in my teens because she's so
talented. The moment I heard she would play the female lead instead of a bimbo, I
knew it would all work out fine".

Rob was right, because Twilight and the sequel New Moon were a huge cinema success, and
his appearance immediately caused hysterical scenes comparable to Leonardo DiCaprio in
Titanic. Something by the way the actor was not waiting for at all. "If I had known that this
movie would bring so much craziness, I don't know if I would have said "yes" to the
Twilight Saga. I never asked to be a posterboy".

With deeper roles in movies such as Remember Me and Bel Ami Robert hopes to movie his career in a more serious direction. "I can only hope for a resume like Leonardo DiCaprio. My
wish: an Oscar before I'm 30 years old. But I still have a long way to go ...".

5 questions to Robert Pattinson, page 5.

1. How does it feel to be Hollywood's most wanted actor?
Strange. Scary. Shocking. And also a bit overwhelming to be honest. At this moment it is too
much, everywhere I go, girls are screaming or fainting. I don't understand why, because I
am a normal guy who is not at all doing his best to be noticed. And really; I'm not as sexy
as Brad Pitt?

2. What is the most bizarre thing you've encountered with a fan?
On the set of Twilight one of our errand-guys put a baby in my arms and asked if I could
pose. The mother had given the child along with him, while she was standing at the gates a
kilometer away. I thought that was pretty sick; you don't give your baby to a stranger just
to score a photo of your idol?

3. Do you never behave as the big superstar who trashes hotel rooms and demands strange things?
Oh yes I love throwing things around in my hotel room haha. No, seriously, I think I've stayed
pretty normal, I am much to down to earth to make crazy demands. Well, except for a
private chauffeur, but that is only because I am a disaster on the road and others even
forbid me to drive.

4. What is true about the story that you and your New Moon co-star Kristen Stewart are an item? Kristen and I have a special bond together, she is the sweetest, smartest and strongest girl I know. If we have a relationship I would rather not say, because my words get twisted around too much and can be "old news" by the time this interview is printed. I've been linked to a lot of actresses in Hollywood, most of them I find too silly and shallow that I would not want to date them.

5. Is it easy to go on a date now that you're famous?
Easy? On the contrary, girls have such high expectations of me that I don't even dare to
date out of fear of embarassing myself.
I can never live up to the image that the media have created, I am not that "hunk". Besides
that there is always the fear that women only want to date me because I'm famous, and
with a little bad luck they will go straight to the gossip press afterwards.

via robertpattinsonnews Thanks Lindsay for the tip. Great translation by LauraDijkman