Rob's Interview With 20 Minuten OnLine

Thanks to LittleMonaLisa for the translation at PattinsonLife

Interview in London-Knightsbridge. The lanky guy who's coming in wears worn out clothes and a baseballcap. He shuffles through the hotel room towards me, slumps on the couch and removes the baseball cap in slow motion. It appears a shaggy full beard with the famous grey green eyes which are surrounded by dark circles. Hello, Robert Pattinson!

Q: Long Night?
More like two long weeks. But I didn't go out I just worked really hard. I'm shooting my next movie 'Bel Ami' in London right now and I have to practice fencing six days a week.

Q: That is why you're wearing the full beard?
Exactly. What doesn't one do to be allowed to play in a movie with Christina Ricci, Uma Thurman and Kristin Scott-Thomas. However the beard starts to bug me. It's not very comfortable so hopefully I'll get rid of it soon.

Q: You didn't have to put so much effort into your current film 'Remember Me.
No, I look like myself. I play Tyler, beginning of 20, whose life is quite a chaos. He meets a girl, which changes everything.

Q: What appealed to you about this role?
Tyler facinated me. A role like that is hard to find. Most characters for young men are deadlocked. They're clueless and innocent. And at the end the guy is always a virgin. Totally daft. Tyler is different.

Q: How so?
It's not obvious where he comes from and where he wants to go in life. He's at the end of his puberty and his life is a chaos. He's an individualist and he wants to leave his mark on everything and everyone. But he notices that he's a part of his surroundings and that he can't push everything away from himself.

Q: Do you know this feeling too?
Sure, i used to be like that with 20. That appealed to me about the role. I've never played a young man who's so similar to me like Tyler is.

Q: Have you ever been in a fight with the police like Tyler who's done it out of pure idealism?
No, not really. But I wish I'd have his courage. I really like that about him. He's willing to stand up for everything he believes in even if he doesn't think about the consequences. I really enjoyed playing that particular scene. A fight with a police officer is a secret dream scenario for me.

Q: Pierce Brosnan, who's playing your father in Remember Me, bailed you out. How was he in private?
He's funny and charming. We've met for dinner before we started shooting. The fancy french restaurant was full with older guys who looked like banker. They had no idea who I was but they kept staring and joking at Pierce.

Q: How did he react?
He stood up and walked over to their table. Introduced himself and everyone started to laugh. I don't know what he said to them but you could see that they really liked him. And then he introduced me and said: That's my son. And they really believed it!

Q: You have some very passionate scenes with your co star Emilie de Ravin. What did your girlfriend Kristen Stewart say about those?
My private relationship has nothing to do with the movie. I try to remember moments I've experienced myself, like being just in love but I didn't do it that intensive for 'Remember Me' because it's not really a love flick for me.

Q: But?
It's about hope, that you always walk around with open eyes and appreciate life. And sometimes you have to meet someone special to realize that. But it's not like their lives completely change after meeting each other. The problems are still the same. However both of them are happy, because they cherish life to a greater extent. And that's it for me.

20Minuten

Lol at the Kristen question. I doubt if the line of questioning went down like that. Sometimes some editors think that they can get away with it. Adding drama to their interview. But we know better, no Kristen/personal questions remember?