Tom Sturridge Got Part By Reading Script off Rob's Floor



Tom Sturridge has his buddy Rob Pattinson to thank for his most recent movie role.

At Saturday’s New York premiere of his latest flick, “Waiting for Forever,” Sturridge revealed director James Keach originally wanted the “Twilight” star for the part. “I saw the script on the floor of Rob’s apartment when I was staying on his sofa,” Sturridge said.

But the equally hunky Brit knew he could play the part of a hopeless romantic just as well as Pattinson – and even top him.

“I thought to myself, ‘I could do this better than he could!’, so I called up my agent the next morning. They were kind enough to let me audition and apparently they saw something in me.”

And while producer Trevor Albert agrees Sturridge was perfect for the part, he admits that he and Keach were a little taken aback when they got his phone call.

"We got a call from his agent who told us Tom loved the script, and we were like, 'We don't remember sending him one.' Finally, we were worn down and just said, 'All right, let's let him come in.' "

Keach would only laugh, "There was definitely a little bit of serendipity going on there."
Spunk_Ransom/source

Serendipitous indeed. TomStu is so funny!