Naperville Families Welcome Rob. New Pic

Click to enlarge
source via RPLife Thanks Mandy!

You're not supposed to invite a vampire into your house, but when Robert Pattinson of "Twilight" fame rang the doorbell of the Webster family's Naperville home Tuesday, all decorum -- let alone rules -- went out the window.

Pattinson's appearance was part of a taped stunt set up by producers of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." The actor made surprise visits to three Naperville homes that evening.

"Twilight" cast members from the movie franchise about teen vampires were in town to tape an episode set to air May 13. The Websters were one of the families who had requested tickets to attend the taping. Little did they know they would get a whole lot more.

Jeanne Webster and her daughter Colleen, a sophomore at Naperville Central High School, had been contacted by producers and told that no more tickets were available. Instead, the producers asked if they could set up a video phone in the Websters' home Tuesday night so Winfrey could talk to them remotely during taping the next morning. The Websters agreed and settled in for what they thought would be a dull night of technical setup.

"At 9 p.m. the doorbell rings and we saw this huge light and we were just screaming," said Jeanne. "We thought it was Oprah at the door. My daughter Colleen opened the door and it was Rob Pattinson at the door to wish her a sweet 16th birthday."

Another Naperville family, the McAlpines, also fell victim to what would become a welcome prank.

Lisa McAlpine's 13-year-old daughter Meggan had invited three friends over to watch the video-phone setup. They met a movie star instead.

"The poor man -- they practically tackled him," said Lisa. "I don't think he'll have his hearing back for awhile."

"I was in a state of shock at first," said Meggan. "I always think if I ever meet these people this is what I'm going to say to them, but all I could do was scream."

At the Websters' home, Pattinson stuck around for about 15 to 20 minutes.

"I had my glasses on and had taken out my contacts and had no makeup on," said Jeanne. "I couldn't believe it. He was really funny and answered all of (Colleen's) questions. He was a real laid-back type of guy."

Pattinson also handed out Oprah tickets, so Jeanne, Colleen and 17-year-old daughter Shannon attended the Wednesday taping, where they also got to see stars Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning.

"It's been a crazy couple of days," said Colleen. "I can't believe it. The first thing that went through my mind was, 'This cannot be happening to me.' I was completely speechless for the first time in my life."