Rob and Kristen: How They've Dodged The Dating Question

Not even Oprah Winfrey can get Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart to come clean about their relationship.

On her show Thursday, she asks them: "There are all these rumors about the two of you dating. Is it true?"

"Kristen's pregnant," Pattinson, 24, immediately jokes. Stewart, 20, then replies, "He really loves to shock people because he thinks it's funny. No, we've actually had this conversation. He's having the baby."

UsMagazine.com has rounded up the wacky ways the two have avoided answering the question over the past year:

• "The only emotional connection of relevance is with my dog," he told Details this year. "My relationship with my dog, it's ridiculous."

• Last year, he told Today's Matt Lauer he was actually dating a costar whose name rhymed with "Tristan Blewart ... there was a Liston Hewitt last year. That would be true, yes ... I actually come up with these rumors myself."

• "It's so retarded," she told Vanity Fair of rumors in 2009. "We're characters in this comic book."

• When asked last year by Harper's Bazaar who is more romantic, Stewart immediately said Pattinson: "I think romance is anything honest. As long as it's honest, it's so disarming." When Pattinson was posed with the same question, he replied: "What did Kristen say?"

• "I probably would've answered [the romance question] if people hadn't made such a big deal about it," she told Entertainment Weekly last year. "But I'm not going to give the fiending an answer."

• "It doesn't make any difference what you say," he told Vanity Fair last year. "I've literally been across the country [from Kristen], and it's like 'Oh, they were on secret dates!' It's like "Where? I can't get out of my hotel room!'"

• "I would never cheapen my relationships by talking about them," she recently told Elle. "People say, 'Just say who you're dating. Then people will stop being so ravenous about it.' It's like, No they won't! They'll ask for specifics."

USMag