Rob's Thoughts on Doing Broadway

LONDON (CBS) "Twilight" heartthrob Robert Pattinson, arguably the king of the box office these days, may soon be coming to Broadway.

The 24-year-old British actor, currently filming "Water for Elephants" with Reese Witherspoon, has told his reps that "stage work is something that I want to do as soon as I get a window .. it's what I trained to do and what I really miss."

But lest you think he is considering a West End opening night, the actor added, "I am open to any offers play-wise for here or Broadway".
Pattison has told pals that he really admires the career of another British teen idol - Daniel Radcliffe of "Harry Potter" fame.

Pattison says, "I love the mix of stuff he has done in his career, always pushing the boundaries and stuff like that. I also envy his stints on stage; he is a great actor."

Pattison pays vampire Edward Cullen in author Stephanie Meyers' "Twilight" franchise. The next film in the series, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," hits theaters June 30. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" is in preproduction and scheduled for a 2011 release.
cbsnewsvia pattinsonlife

Haha, Mr. Sean is lacking 'N's in his keyboard.  Anyway, I think it will be a treat to see Rob on Broadway (or the West End) but with the major deals that are being offered to him, why bother right?  Personally, I really prefer to see him in the big screen.  But if he is serious with this new challenge for that "mix of stuff", I think he has to wait for years since his commitments are currently overwhelming.  In any case, we would all be in support of  our Golden Boy.