The 20-year-old will leave Twilight behind to play Marylou Moriarty, the slutty young wife of arty wanderer Dean Moriarty (Tron: Legacy’s Garrett Hedlund) in the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s iconic Beat Generation novel, On the Road.
She sleeps around! Marylou bumps uglies with both Dean and his best friend, Sal (British actor Sam Reilly), has car sex with Dean while Sal sleeps AND gets it on with at least nine sailors!
• She says ‘I do’ – TWICE! Marylou marries Dean, divorces him and then gets hitched to a…car salesman. Trading up baby, trading up.
• She’s got blond ambition! Buh-bye brunette beauty – Kristen has returned to her strawberry blond roots (believe it or not) to play Marylou!
• She’s FINALLY get to dress like, well, Kristen Stewart! “Beatnik” is just an old-fashioned word for “hipster’, which is just K-Stew’s style! Think striped shirts, oversized sweaters, cowl-collared tops, slim-fit pants or pencil skirts, skinny Capri pants and eastern religious-symbol jewelry. However, female “beatniks” are a bit more feminine than the tomboyish starlet – so she might not TOTALLY love her new look.
• K-Stew will struggle to be smoking hot! Literally. Beatniks roll their own cigarettes.
• She wants to hold your hand! We know how Kristen loves her indie bands, but if she really wants to get into her character, she’s going to need to embrace Beat bands like Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd and, of course, The Beatles.
I hate this source - but the article just stated the facts from the book and with a bit of editing, its all good.
I'm really excited about this film. Marylou Moriarty will be a very challenging role for our Kristen, another golden opportunity to show off her incredible talent as an actress. Principal photography starts August 2.