Jake Scott Discusses Casting Kristen and the lack of pole dancing

His biggest coup, however, was casting Kristen Stewart, co-star of the blockbuster Twilight films, as the underage hooker that the plot turns on. “I loved her in Into the Wild. I thought, ‘Oh my God, that’s exactly the right quality I’m looking for in Mallory.’ It’s a sort of feral quality.”

Scott spent a good year with the screenwriter, streamlining plot points and making them subtle. The death of the Rileys’ daughter is established in a deft and unexpected manner. “She used to exist in flashbacks, but one of the first things I did with Ken was take all the flashbacks out. I kept going back to the idea of restraint.

“While we were in New Orleans, it was very tempting to photograph the cityscape for all of its beauty, but I really didn’t think that was relevant to the characters.

Some people have said, “It’s a shame you don’t get to see Kristen actually dancing on a pole,’ but that was again a conscious decision. I didn’t shoot it. I was being asked to shoot it, but I wouldn’t shoot it because I didn’t feel that it was relevant to what Doug was going through. And I think, if I had shown her doing that, it was possible the audience would connect that to Doug and to something he was doing as a character. I didn’t want that to happen. I didn’t want that to be in question.”

Read the rest of the interview HERE
via kstewartnews

Wow! I really can't wait to see this movie and I'm already liking Mr. Scott's directorial style. He is not into the obvious. It's true,  it doesn't mean that Mallory (Kristen's character) since she is a stripper - that she needed to be stripping or pole dancing. He knows he can convey the character's plight with interaction with the film's other characters. This is sensitivity at its best. Thank you Mr. Jake Scott for not banking on the hot property that was in your hands during filming - Kristen Stewart. Thank you for not exploiting her star status.  
Now, I think you should share your notes with Allen Coulter. lol  The 'Memoirs' script was a family drama masterpiece. And we all know how it ended and marketed, all based on Rob's sexy status *rolls eyes*.  Good thing it was saved by Rob's natural approach to his character, his excellent portrayal of Tyler.  Okay, I gotta stop now. You all know where this is leading to. haha.