Kristen: 'Motherhood Confounds Me." Talks about Trying on Prosthetic Bellies


LATimes In the upcoming "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn," Kristen Stewart's character, Bella Swan, becomes a mother. But that's a reality the actress says she has a hard time comprehending.

"My best friend just had a baby. She's my age. So I'm a godmom now, which is ... crazy," said the 20-year-old during an interview to promote her upcoming film "Welcome to the Rileys."

Asked if the experience was helping her tap into her own maternal instincts, she replied: "It's actually making me realize more that I have absolutely no idea. Like, I see that going on, and I'm like, 'Oh, my God.' "

Though "Breaking Dawn," the fourth installment in the “Twilight” franchise, doesn’t begin production for a few weeks, Stewart says she's already been caught up with preparations for the film. She's had a number of meetings with director Bill Condon and has even temporarily eliminated some favorites from her diet.

I want a cheeseburger so badly, but, you know, I have to be a vampire in a few weeks,” she said over lunch at a restaurant in Topanga, where she settled for a veggie burger.

Ironically, she won't even be able to show off her figure for the majority of "Breaking Dawn."

I’m incredibly pregnant in the first movie,” Stewart said, adding that she has spent the last couple of weeks trying on prosthetic bellies. “I’ve worn it. It’s ... crazy. I’ve done fittings. It gets immense. It gets so massive at some point that it actually looks inhuman. Like it’s hurting her. There are striations of bruises.”

Thanks so much to KayTay17