Chris Weitz talks Kristen "She's an independent actress of the highest caliber"

Photobucket
VeniceMag What was it like when you started Twilight: New Moon, which was such a highly visible project?

For me, it was tremendously refreshing because I knew that people were going to go see it. So there’s no pressure on me, as far as I’m concerned. Instead of treating it in any way like a popcorn movie, I just decided to treat it like a big, widescreen romance. That conditioned getting Alexandre Desplat to write the score and getting Javier Aguirresarobe, who’s one of the great DPs in the world, to shoot it. I knew that if I was true to the spirit of the book, there were all kinds of things I could get away with in terms of what we were doing with the camera and the lushness of the colors and the design. It was a complete delight. Kristen Stewart is an amazing actress. Really, she’s an independent film actress of the highest caliber. So she will bring to what’s essentially a melodrama these very harsh emotions. Coming out the other end of it when we were marketing the film, that was madness — in a very enjoyable way for me because I kind of got to be the Ringo Starr of the group. We traveled around Europe, the big three and me, and the biggest it got was Munich’s Olympic Stadium with 23,000 screaming fans who were there just to see us say hello and answer a few softball questions. There were moments where you felt that this could get dangerous or this could get really weird, really fast. It was rather extraordinary.

Thanks @nycrk1 kstewangel via  fiercebitchstew